5 Reasons Why Your Online Copy Needs a CTA
The Landscape Writer ~ Proudly Serving Business Owners in Lawn Care, Landscape & Outdoor Living
Do you make sure that there’s a CTA at the end of all your online marketing communications?
Do you know what a CTA is and why it’s so important?
The Anatomy of a CTA
A CTA stands for “Call to Action.” It’s a sentence or two that you plug in at the end of your blogs, website copy and other marketing materials to help folks easily contact your landscape, lawn care or outdoor living company.
Some of you may balk at the idea of putting your contact information at the end of every blog or at the end of each web page you create. However, a CTA reminds readers what they need to do to get in touch with you. You can also add a contact information button on each of your online marketing communications too. Just add a reminder in your CTA for them to click that button to learn more about your company or to get in touch. Here are five other reasons why your online marketing communications needs a CTA:
- It helps direct your readers to the next step of the sales process. Do you want them to download an infograph? Fill out a contact form or watch a video? Whatever you want them to do, give them directions … with inbound links included … to go to that next step.
- It helps readers take that next step. When you provide a phone number, consultation link or a contact form, you help your prospects know what they need to do next to make an appointment with you.
- It helps with the entire sales process. By guiding your readers to the next steps, you’re moving them closer to becoming customers.
- It makes it easier for your prospects to go to that next step. Imagine going to a service website and really being impressed. You want to contact this company for a consultation. Yet, on that particular page you’re reading, there is no direction or contact information available for you to make that next step possible. What do you do? You go to another company with similar services that has a CTA on each web page and at the end of each blog. Since you’re pressed for time, you can quickly click on that link, fill out your information and go to the next task on your list. Remember: It’s all about your customer.
- It makes you look more professional. By having a CTA with links and a phone number, you look more professional and customer-friendly. You’re telling the prospect that you understand that they’re busy and you value their time. Thus, you’re going to make it easy for them to take that next step.
As you can see, a CTA is vital to guiding your prospect onto the next step through the sales process.
Here’s an example: If you need a professional copywriter to write your web copy, blogs, case studies and other online marketing communications, please fill out my free consultation form or call me at 717-381-6719.