Landscaping Industry Statistics to Help You Grow Your Business
Landscaping Industry Statistics to Help You Grow Your Business – a guest post by Emily at Thimble
The landscaping industry has got solid roots and is growing all of the time. For landscapers, this can be an exciting time as new opportunities and trends emerge, providing them with more business and more chances to do this fulfilling work.
But it can also be easy to lose track of the new landscaping trends and happenings as the industry continues to develop. No one wants to be left behind as the industry moves on to the next big thing. And keeping up with what’s hot can help you score more customers and make more money.
We’ve compiled a list of industry statistics that can inform your business, allowing you to keep up with the latest news so you can write about the industry and work confidently in it.
Here are 10 interesting statistics about the landscaping industry:
- The landscaping services industry is worth $105 billion in 2021.
- California had the most landscaping companies in the top 100 earners in 2019, followed by Texas, Illinois and Florida.
- The most common landscaping offering is lawn care and chemical application, offered by 88% of companies.
- 71,000 landscaping industry jobs remained vacant in 2017.
- Most landscaping company employees live in California, Florida, Texas, New York and Ohio.
- 36% of landscapers report that a high school diploma is their highest level of education.
- 62% of landscaping business comes from single-family residential homes.
- The average U.S. household spent $503 on lawn care and gardening in 2017.
- Employment of grounds maintenance workers will increase by 10% from 2019 to 2029.
- The U.S. landscaping industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% through 2025.
To sum it up: the landscaping industry is growing, driven by single-family homes. Over the next few years, landscaping companies expect to see the continued growth of service offerings and hiring.
Do You Need a Content Writer?
If you need a blog writer, you’ve come to the right place with The Landscape Writer. I provide blogs, newsletters, and web copy for lawn care and landscaping businesses. I also provide web content for small companies and web designers in other industries as well.
Contact me today to talk about your company’s digital marketing needs by filling out my contact form or emailing me at email@example.com.