What Your Clients Need to Know about Smart Irrigation Month
So, we’re heading into the middle of July. Have you let your customers know that this month is Smart Irrigation Month?
You can leverage your blogs and social media content in July by teaching about your irrigation sales and service. And if you don’t work on lawn sprinkler systems, you can still educate your readers about smart watering techniques.
What Your Clients Need to Know
Remember to keep it simple when you’re talking about sprinkler systems. Focus on what they need to know. Here are eight things to tell your readers about conserving water while still taking care of their lawns and landscapes:
- Your readers need to know that their lawns and landscapes only need a 1” – 1½” of water per week—and that includes any rain that your area had in that week.
- They need to know that regularly maintaining their lawns—how they keep their yards, such as mowing, fertilizer treatments and weed control—affect how well their lawns will survive a drought or a hot, dry spell.
- Your prospects need to know that they’ll save money when they use correct watering techniques.
- Even though a new sprinkler system is a significant investment, remind your readers that they’ll reap savings on their water bills in the years to come.
- Tell your prospects about the benefits of hooking up their Smartphone to their irrigation systems.
- Encourage your prospects to get their older system retrofitted with today’s gadgets to save water (and money on their water bills).
- Give your readers landscape ideas such as hydro-zoning, microclimates and other water-saving garden tips.
- Use these blogs to include other water-saving add-on services you provide for your local area.
Use Your Blog Wisely
Sure, you know all of the above like the back of your hand. But assume your clients don’t know these tips or services that you provide.
Keep yourself in front of your prospects’ minds by sharing ideas and tips on your blog and Facebook page that will save them time, money, and other pain points. This way, they turn to you when they need a mowing service, landscape maintenance service or better yet, your irrigation system services.
If you don’t have time to write a regular blog and keep up with your Facebook posts, call me today at 717-381-6719 or fill out my free consultation form.